Wednesday 5 September 2012

Research and Planning - Photoshop Tutorial

This is my Album cover I put together using Photoshop. I have used Photoshop before I started college, but was never very good, the only thing I used was airbrushing. Today in Media I learned a lot about using Photoshop.

How I made my CD cover

1) First I gathered 3 photos (that were already in my Photoshop folder) on to Photoshop, these images were of a: CD, trumpet and a music key background.

2) I used the 'Elliptical Marquee Tool' to surround the CD, once circling the CD I dragged it to the musical keys background image.

3) Using the same process on the trumpet image, but this time I used a 'Magic Wand Tool' and clicked on the white background, I then right clicked and selected 'Similar', dragging the trumpet to the photo of the CD and mucic key background.

4) I changed the colours of the CD and trumpet by clicking 'Image' and then 'Adjustment'. This allowed me to choose the colours and pick how I wanted my CD cover to look, I chose 'Colour Balance....'.

5) After that I clicked on the 'Text' tool and typed my name on the cover, I also changed the size and font.

6) FINALLY, I changed the original background style by clicking on 'Filter' and then 'Distort', then used 'Wave'. Voila  the background on the CD is wavy.



No comments:

Post a Comment