Thursday 27 September 2012

Research and Planning - Magazine Cover and Contents Page Evaluation


Here is my Magazine Cover and Contents page.

I have recently improved my magazine cover using the comments from the students I interviewed a week ago. I took their advice and used it to make my magazine more informative and entertaining.
I have changed the model on my front cover to a real student from my college, I didn't think using an image of a random student taken from Google would look as good on my cover. I stayed with the '3 colour rule' and was quite pleased with how the colours turned out because I actually thought they were too bright, bold and would clash.

I think the font is just the right size and also the Masthead fits well! The font sizes aren't taking over the whole page(s) and it's easier to read, but I do think I could've picked a better font.

Part of me thinks the photo's are great and useful, but to be honest, I don't think there are enough to show and promote the college. I do however like the front cover, because the lighting was just perfect and it didn't make the photo look too bright or give uneven colouring.


I used Photoshop for my front cover and I'm glad to say that I'm happy and proud of it! From what I can see there isn't a piece of brick in the background (I took the photo of the student leaning against a brick wall.)

I also used InDesign to create my contents page. I think I have included just enough events & stories (Cover Lines) for my front cover and contents page. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a lot of events to include in my magazine, but I think the ones I used were still useful and informative.

The front cover was done in under an hour, I was given a lot of time to design my cover but I used the wrong image for my model. I was mean't to use a medium close-up, but instead I used a medium shot of the student. Fortunately I found an MCU in my photo album and was able to continue on improving my magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment