Tuesday 18 September 2012

Research and Planning - Magazine Masthead Fonts

These are my fonts made to match each magazine Genre. I searched on the internet and font 'Dafont.com' (this website helps you to pick any font you want, helping you to match your theme).

Popworld

I wanted a 'Pop' related theme for my magazine title so I clicked on 'Groovy' Font. I liked this font because it gives a groovy, old fashioned, music effect, I also like the purple colour too because it's not just for girls it can also be for boys. I think Teenage audiences will like this font and colour because both sexes will find it attractive and unusual.

Death Metal

I wanted to pick a 'Gothic/Horror' font type to match with the magazines theme so I chose 'Black Asylum' font. I searched through a lot of Gothic fonts but some were either too gruesome or cartoon like. I picked this font because I found it very creepy and appropriate for the magazine and it's type of audience.

Popcorn

I wanted to use a 'Film Style' font e.g Star Wars, The Avengers, Transformers etc. to blend in with the magazines theme. I picked the 'Avengeance Heroic Avenger' font because it reminded me of the 'Stan Lee'/Action Hero comic books, which I think will help the audience to recognise the film 'Genre'.

No comments:

Post a Comment