Wednesday 12 December 2012

Research & Planning - Double Page Spread Interview

By Sarah Goodwin

Gemma Davies talks about her rise to fame, working with Jessie J, winning her first award and her secret romance with Justin Bieber?!


May I just say, congratulations on winning your first ever BRIT award!
  • (laughing) Oh thank you so much, I'm still a little bit shocked and ecstatic at the moment, but don't worry I won't be too giddy during this interview.
 What was your first thought when you heard your name for "Best British Female Solo Artist"?
  • When my name was called out it didn't sink it at first, but then when everyone was looking at me and my song was playing I was over the moon, I was so proud of myself accomplishing my dream!
Well you did deserve it, I heard that Jessie J helped you to write your first song "Your Love", what was that like?
  •  It was amazing, When we first met we were speaking to each as if we've known each other for a long time, she was so kind and funny. Before I became a Popstar I have always wanted to meet her and now my dream has finally come true!
What was your life like before you became the "Best Solo Artist" in Britain?
  • I came from a poor background, I lived with just my mum and brother in a 1 bedroom flat, I always felt so guilty when my mum spent the only money she had or found on me and my brother, but now i can finally pay her back.
I'm glad your all living well, now is it true that Gary Barlow (Take That) was the one who found you? And how?
  •  (Smiles with glee) Yes that is true, I was singing a song I wrote in a little cafe in Manchester called 'Cornerhouse'. I was singing for tips to buy food for my family until this man discovered me and then he revealed to be THE Gary Barlow! I was in shock, a poor local girl like me got a chance to pursue her dream!

You are so lucky! I may be wrong here but a little birdy told me that you and Justin Bieber, THE Justin Bieber had a little 'meeting' In London?!
  • I can officially say that me and Justin Bieber are not dating, we were just meeting up because we are recording a song together, that's all! (Laughs)
He has recently broken with Selena Gomez, are you sure nothing happened?
  • We only went out as friends while recording our song, we're just really good friends now, nothing more.
 Okay fine I believe you, now moving on, I heard you were releasing your first ever album?
  • Oh yes, my album is called 'Your Love' I was thinking about releasing it some time in January next year.
Does your knew album have a meaning to it, you know like a break up from your past or a certain moment in your life?
  • It has a mixture of moments mostly about my childhood but some are about a bad break up I had a while ago and it took me ages to get over it.
Is that what 'Your Love' is about and is your new song like a message to him?
  • Why yes it is about the break-up, there is a message, well two. One, it's a message to send to young teenage girls, not to just settle with one boy and if he doesn't give respect DUMP HIM! And two, is towards my ex, to tell him how much pain he caused me and how my life has become better since we broke up.
Lets hope he gets the message. I've read in the news that people are saying your the next Adele, how does that make you feel that you are becoming a successful and talented artist?
  • Really!? I'm too scared to read any news about me incase anyone says something bad! That sounds so amazing, I feel so happy and proud being told i'll be like the greatest popstar in Britain! I love Adele so much, she was actually the one who inspired me to sing and get over my break up!
You should be proud! Do you have any idea on who you want to sing with in your next album in the future?
  • I have been thinking about that a lot lately, I was thinking of singing with Taylor Swift, Charlotte Derry and One Direction, but i've also always wanted to sing with a big pop sensation, Lady Gaga! She has an amazing voice and ideas!
 Will you be doing any Tours soon?
  • I was planning on doing a UK tour because I want to take all of this fame slowly ((Laughs)
Thank you so much for agreeing to do this interview with me, It was so amazing getting to know you more and your rise to fame, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment